Summary (TL: DR): Maintaining the security of your cloud environment is a 24/7 job that requires complete knowledge of how the cloud environment works, industry-standard practices, constant monitoring, and alerting. In this blog, we explain how Managed Security Services can help you accomplish this so that you can focus on achieving your business goals.
Compared to traditional IT environments, cloud-based environments can be easily deployed and run at a fraction of the cost, resulting in their rapid adoption. While environments of any scale and size can be easily implemented, creating and maintaining a secure cloud environment that adheres to compliance regulations requires the right skills and technical prowess.
Cloud environments are vulnerable to security issues such as unintended data loss or leakage that can arise due to misconfiguration, uncontrolled access, or the use of unsecured protocols, and malicious attacks on your organization’s IT infrastructure, application servers, and developer workloads, interrupting business operations.
To tackle these security challenges and create a secure environment it is essential to maintain a standard procedure with a dedicated team monitoring 24/7 and a proper alerting system.
AWS Managed Security Services are ideal for new and existing cloud customers who are looking for specialized services to protect and monitor their essential AWS resources and workloads. And this is exactly what the AWS Level 1 Managed Security Service Provider competency (AWS L1 MSSP) prepares AWS Partners for – to deliver class-leading managed security services to protect and monitor their customers’ essential AWS resources 24/7.
The L1 MSSP competency is designed to help customers without increasing the complexity of their environment or adding unnecessary costs. As an AWS Advanced Tier Consulting Partner with the AWS L1 MSSP competency, Ibexlabs utilizes its cloud expertise and security specialists to create customized solutions to meet the security needs of customers, without having them worry about security and threat handling.
With a team of security specialists well-versed in industry best practices and threat alerting systems, Ibexlabs provides round-the-clock end-to-end monitoring and is able to quickly assess and mitigate any threats.
With our Healthcare and Security competencies, we help customers achieve key industry certifications like HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and SOC2.
Ibexlabs offers threat handling by:
- 24/7 incident alerting and response, notifying of high-priority security events and providing expert guidance on remediation
- Routine AWS infrastructure vulnerability scanning and patching for known software vulnerabilities, protection against DDoS attacks for the application environment,
- Managed Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) to protect the environment from known and emerging network threats and exploits
- Detecting and eliminating threats to the AWS endpoints using Managed Detection and Response (MDR)
- Protecting the web-facing applications and APIs against common exploits using the Managed Web Application Firewall (WAF)
Ibexlabs also offers continuous infrastructure monitoring to ensure the environment is secure and compliant with industry-standard best practices through the following:
- Routine scanning and patching of the AWS infrastructure for known software vulnerabilities and patching them
- Maintaining complete visibility of the resources through continuous scanning and updating the configuration details
- Following the AWS security recommended best practices for monitoring and detecting the resource configuration in the AWS accounts
- Regularly scanning the AWS infrastructure to ensure that industry compliance standards like HIPAA, PCI-DSS, and HITRUST are met
- Automated tooling and monitoring aggregated AWS resource logs across network, host, and API layers to analyze security events.
A secure and well-architected cloud environment can help you scale your business. However, security should not come at the cost of user experience or operational efficiency. Ibexlabs as a Level 1 MSSP partner provides the baseline security services and also specializes in other areas like AWS Well-Architected Review, CI/CD pipelines, infrastructure automation, and 24×7 support.
Learn how we deployed a custom Managed Security Service solution to implement a robust, HIPAA compliant, and secure AWS infrastructure for HealthBridge Financial.