Nomo provides field sales representatives and sales companies with one platform that enables them to aggregate leads and streamline their sales processes. As a B2B platform, Nomo empowers solar sales personnel to expand their work, sell multiple products, process performance data, use metrics to evaluate sales channels, and close deals.
Nomo maintained customized and decentralized SaaS systems for different industries, yet their success and increase in users outpaced their hosting infrastructure. In order to leverage this growth and meet time-to-market objectives, a more agile platform was needed to monitor real-time progress reporting and analytics, alongside a support system that quickly onboarded and off-boarded sales representatives and solar customers. Because their systems were customer facing, they needed applications to be air-tight, protective of personal information that meets data security compliance standards, and highly available with no service disruptions. Nomo was in need of applications that answered a number of pain points:
- Systems that migrate from manual new dealer onboarding to self-service onboarding.
- Applications that allow dealers to manage their own territory, gain useful information for door-knocking purposes, and manage customer flow in a CRM.
- CRM that manages both dealer onboarding and customer leads from those dealers.
- Agile SaaS applications that allowed Nomo view the flow and progress of dealers’ leads in real time while also monitoring new dealer onboarding.
The Ibexlabs Solution
Ibexlabs served as an extension of the Nomo product team, conducting extensive architecture reviews to determine which SaaS platforms most suited Nomo’s needs. Ibexlabs migrated Nomo’s monolith services to microservices using serverless functions, created infrastructure that supports multi-tenancy, and rapid user onboarding. An easy to use interface dashboard was implemented which includes:
- Dealer Automated Onboarding: Prior to engaging Ibexlabs, all dealer onboarding was manual. Ibexlabs' solution automated the process so that dealers can self-service their onboarding. As shown in the screenshot below, Nomo now has a birdseye view of the dealer’s application status and where they are in their flow: when they signed an NDA, when the dealer agreement was digitally signed, when they fully onboarded, and who referred them.
- Door Knocking Application: Territorial sales areas are assigned to dealers via the application which allows them to canvass and track potential leads. Data is integrated into a CRM that includes analytics and reporting for specific leads. Clicking on a lead in the door knocking app displays the name of the homeowner, appointments scheduled with them, notes, upload files (e.g., solar bills), integration, related history with the customer, and the ability to text the potential lead. At a granular level, dealers can target customers, based, for example, on their income level. Information such as “not home, not interested, already solar, interested, unqualified, or not contacted” are fed into the CRM for tracking. As shown below, the application gives Nomo a leaderboard, along with the progress of onboarded sales representatives by division, region, offices, along with their knocks, appointments, and signed deals.
- Dashboard analytics: Widgets with different data points allow Nomo to track both customer deals and onboarding sales reps.
SaaS solutions were ideal for NOMO because they offered:
- Centralized and Accessible: Allowing sales representatives to access the necessary tools and information from anywhere, at any time.
- Lead Management: Allowing sales representatives to track and manage leads throughout the life of a sales cycle including contractual signing and solar implementation.
- Integration: Integrates with all CRM
AWS Services used:
- AWS CloudFormation
- AWS VPC
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- AWS CloudTrail
- Amazon Security Hub
- Amazon GuardDuty
- Amazon RDS, S3, EC2
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk
- AWS Lambda
- Amazon X-ray
- AWS CloudWatch
Ibexlabs designed, refactored, and developed a SaaS platform for Nomo, leveraging a number of AWS features that make its platform highly functional and secure for customers. Equipped with a scaling infrastructure, Nomo can handle its increasing volume of users without experiencing slowdowns or downtime while also automating the dealer onboarding process.
The company has reached new markets and increased its revenue streams by expanding its bouquet of features providing a smoother experience to dealers and sellers. With the analytic tools developed by Ibexlabs dealers can quickly manage multiple leads, and projects helping optimize revenue and achieve new opportunities.
In the last 6 months, Nomo tracked 3772 solar customer opportunities, and of them:
- 50% of opportunities were signed
- 42% of the opportunities installed solar systems.
In the same period, Nomo improved the self-service onboarding flow of new dealers showing:
- 10% increase in onboarding new dealers
- 80% reduction in onboarding time
- Reduced time-to-contract to 3 days from 15 by auto generating contracts for digital signature.